Question

Muti-company checkbox in Posting Proposal window

• 23 February 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Dear All,

There are two users with access to several companies in IFSAPP9.

In Posting Proposal window, with multi-company box checked, one user can see invoices for several companies but second user can only see invoices for the current company.

What can be the reason for such a difference?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi 

If this Multi-Company check box is ticked, posting proposals of all companies the User ID is connected should be displayed when the window is populated. If this check box is not selected, then only posting proposals of the current company will be displayed.

But may i know what is the option chosen under ‘Show invoice’ section

Best regards

Zuha

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Zuha,

Under “Show invoice” option “All” is selected.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Does the second user have access to multiple companies? This checkbox will only show invoices for companies the user has access to in “Users per Company” window.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi IRituma,

Yes, both users have access to multiple companies.

Both are listed as Invoice Posting Authorizes for multiple companies.

The only difference is that first user is an Admin User and second user is not.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

A user can only see posting proposals from that screen if one of the following is true:

• User is invoice recipient
  • User is invoice authoriser or belongs to an authoriser group for that invoice
  • Super Access / Admin user

The idea is that users are presented only with the invoices they should action, rather than everything. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello IRituma,

Both users have Super Access and both are in the authoriser chain.

For one user the “multi-company” checkbox is working and for the other it is not.

For ex. Both user A and B have acces to Company X and Company Y.

There is an invoice numer 100 for Company X and invoice 200 for Comany Y.

When user A will go to Posting Proposal window and check the “multi-company” checkbox he will see both invoices.

When user B will go to Posting Proposal window and check the “multi-comapny” checkbox he will see invoice 100 for Comapny X if he is logged to Company X and invoice 200 for Comapny Y if he is logged to Company Y.

He will not see both invoices even if the”multi-company” checkbox is selected.

Can you think of any other permission that can be the reason for such situation?

Regards,

Aleksandra

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This sounds like it might need to have a case raised, I’m afraid. If the user can see invoices in both companies separately and are able to check the box, then I can’t see a reason why they couldn’t see both invoices in your scenario.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi IRituma,

One more question. User was granted Super Access and Admin User permission in Invoice Posting Authorizes window. Can there be any other reason, apart from technical, that he still can not see all the invoices in Posting Proposal window?

He can only see the invoices where he is recepient or authorizer.

Regards,

Aleksandra

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Super access checkbox in the Posting Proposal Authorisers window should be granting the user access to all posting proposals in the company. The only thing I can think of is if the setup is not the same across companies. But I do advise a support case in this instance.