Solved

Multiple currency payments

• 30 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hello,

Hope y’all are well and safe

Does anyone know if is it possible to perform a payment of an invoice with a currency that differs from the cash account and company’s currency?

• Company’s currency: EUR
  • Cash account: USD
  • Transaction: to pay a GBP invoice, with a USD cash account (in an EUR company)

Thanks in advance

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Adam Mazurczak 30 June 2021, 10:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

yes this is possible.

You can use Mixed Payment window for this.

You have to register transaction in USD, but in Matching window in column Payment amount in Invoice Currency, you can specify how much in GBP you will pay.

Best regards,

Adam

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Thanks @Adam Mazurczak!

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

Yes that is possible in Mixed payment. Even if payment is done for GBP invoices, the cash will be paid in the currency of the cash account. That is in USD in this case. 

If you have single transaction matching, you do not want to move to the matching level even. just insert the invoice and the system will take care of the conversion.

I hope that you do not want to send/receive cash in transaction currency. That is very unlikely to think as valid used case here. The cash will always be handled in the cash account currency.

Best Regards,

Chirantha.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Thanks for the answers @Chirantha and @Adam Mazurczak 

I have one more questions, when I create a new mixed payment with my USD cash account, why can’t I change the currency  in “currency details”? When its a EUR account (as the company currency) the change is enabled.

The same occurs when I try to make a new transaction:

I know that I still can pay invoices in different currencies and the conversion is made automatically, but it would be good to have the option to change it there.

Thanks again

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

you can change currency in transaction only if cash account is in accounting currency.

Best regards,

Adam