Question

Multi Print invoices - saving to PDF

• 28 April 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Is there any way to multi print invoices and save them in one file/folder?

When I try it just now I have to save each invoice individually with a new name

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @SMcLees 

I have observed  that a similar requirement has been mentioned in the below topic. You may check the same and see if it fulfills your requirement.

How To Print Multiple Invoices Into Single PDF File | IFS Community

Kind Regards,

Dismanthi

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @SMcLees ,

I posted a similar question as you in the post that @Dismanthi Dissanayaka  references.  We choose rather than implementing custom java code and PL/SQL code to utilize a freely available utility to combine multiple PDF’s into a single PDF.

The utility we used is located here https://www.pdflabs.com/tools/pdftk-the-pdf-toolkit/  we use the command line tools to perform the work instead of the GUI.  We created a simple batch file our accounting department runs to combine all the PDF’s in a specific directory into a single PDF.  You can also find more details of the utility here https://www.tomshardware.com/how-to/manipulate-pdf-files-with-pdftk .

We created a folder named “Combined Invoices” under a shared departmental folder then created a folder called “OUTPUT” under “Combined Invoices”.

We setup a routing address within IFS called “Saved PDF Invoice To Directory” where we want IFS to save the individual invoice PDF’s.

We also created a routing rule called “Send Invoice PDF to Directory”.

Then when we highlight a batch of invoices to print we choose SEND_PDF_TO_CONNECT in the dialog box that pops up and all the PDF’s are stored in that directory.   Then accounting runs the batch file to combine all of them into a single PDF.  Afterwards they move the single PDF into a different folder and send it to the customer who requested a single PDF instead of multiple.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello-

Does anyone know of a way to send one pdf via event to multiple email addresses?   This would need to pull from multiple supplier and multiple customer fields.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @cperdue 

I’m not sure whether I understood your question.

However, please check whether the below detail helps you :relaxed:

In Event Action window, for the specific event, you can add the several email addresses separated by a semicolon (;) and the relevant email will be sent to the mentioned email addresses.

Kind Regards,

Dismanthi

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Dismanthi-

Thank you for decoding my question correctly.   The desired emails are embedded in the customer/supplier master.  I have been unable to find an available parameter to pull them into the event action details.

Best-

Christy

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi @cperdue 

You may try with the below parameter.

Kind Regards,

Dismanthi

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Dismanthi-

You are very helpful.  Thank you!   The event is setup with parameter 1 and it sends to the default email address on the supplier/customer assuming the reference exists in the order header.   The need is to have multiple ‘reference’ items send at once.

Best-

Christy