Question

Multi company voucher process

• 10 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Dear All,

Can you please explain how the multi company voucher entry works. 

I have completed all the basic data settings (Voucher types, User groups, Automatic postings details AP10,AP11 for the both companies etc)

But I cannot proceed with auto or manual method in the multi company voucher entry. I get several errors. Can someone please explain me the accurate process flow or what Am I missing here?

This error usually come to the first line.
There is no remaining balance in the 1st row company. Method is manual balance per company

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

It create Automatic Lines once the Voucher is Saved. Could you please mention the Transaction with Company (You can refer as Company A and B) / Amount

Thank You

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

It create Automatic Lines once the Voucher is Saved. Could you please mention the Transaction with Company (You can refer as Company A and B) / Amount

Thank You

Dear Ramesh,

Thank you for the  reply.

Yes. Even though I have set the automatic postings, In the multi company voucher entry I have ticked the manual balance per company method. Assuming we can pass entries for both companies. Even without tick this check box I get error. 

The Manual entry postings entered 

Company A  Expense GL A/C 1000 dr

Company B Liability G/L A/C  1000 cr

Both currency type 1 no remaining balance in the both companies.

Please advise

Regards

Naadira

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

Can you try the following,

1. In First Line, Create the Debit Entry for the Intercompany (Company B)
  2. In Second Line, Create the Credit Entry for the Main Company (Company A - Should be equal to the Header Company)
  3. Please esnure that the Row Group ID is Same for the Line and in Voucher Posting the Row Group ID Currency Balance is 0 when you save the Voucher (it does Automatically Balance it)