Question

monthly voucher series creation for next year

• 16 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is there a quicker way to create monthly  voucher series per voucher type  rahter than maunally copy and paste each for new year?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

When you create new company you can enable the checkbox ‘Use Voucher Number Series per Period’ in the Create Company Assistant 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

What version of IFS?  

If on IFS apps 10 / older. I would use external files.  External files allows you to create a file type and template from a view. 

The idea is create a external file type / template to export a set of data. Then in excel manipulate that data for the next years.   Then load the data back in.    You would probably need a couple different file types / templates - for the voucher series / and the user group per series.  I’ve done this more times than I can even count. For me, it takes less than a minute to create a new file type / template. We have several postings on how to use external files (it’s easier than you may expect). 

Another other option is to use the migration job functionality. It’s very similar to external files and is supported in the newest IFS release. In my opinion, I can create an external file faster, but migration job can be equally as successful and it’s even easier with the excel add-on. 

That’s what I would do.  / do for my clients.  

Hope this helps, 

Best regards

Thomas