Question

Mixed PO/PR Authorization Rules

• 25 January 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi community. This topic is well covered in this forum but I think I have a unique request. 

In our company we use PO authorisation for most of the PO’s - so we have PO Auth. Rules setup with “Valid for Original Authorisation”. Works fine. 

We would like to implement some PR rules that once the PR is approved, they are not then subject to PO authorisation.

Does anyone know how it might be possible to force a PO to pick up an authorisation rule as to not require additional approval, that is outside the available “usage of authorisation rule” options? potentially with a custom even on the creation or release of the PO when created from the PR?

Many thanks, 

David.

IFS9-UP15,

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Purchase order / purchase requisition authorization functionality has many settings / options.  

I’m thinking this question may be best answered from a procurement forum.  Sorry I don’t have a better answer, I tried to locate a setting but …  I know the purchase authorizations to a certain degree, the purchasing consultants / R&D team probably know this best. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @david.harmer 

We cannot achieve this according to the current application set up. In general, PR and PO are authorized by different users. So this functionality is an internal control.

It is difficult to confirm  if this can be achieved via a custom event . But you can surely get this done via a customization. 

Best Regards,
Tharaka.