Solved

Mixed Payment Bulk Upload

• 8 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi, I want to do Mixed Payment Bulk upload through External File upload. But with the file I can upload only to Mixed Payment header part in general tab. 

And I saw in this mixed payment there is three (3) API;

MIXED_PAYMENT_API > for  General TAB

PAYMENT_LUMP_SUM_API > for Transaction line 

MIXED_PAYMENT_MAN_POSTING_API > for Manual posting line

Is there any way to upload bulk in mixed payment window with a signle template ?

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 8 September 2021, 16:39

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I know this is not the answer your looking for… but … 

In older IFS releases, I have previously created a header record in mixed payment and then created an external file to load the transaction lines.   It was not elegant, but worked.    

Also,  I have created files that flow through external payment. The external payment then creates the mixed payment.   

I see a number of file templates with file type ExtMixedPayment  in apps 10.   I have not tested, but theoretically, you should be able to copy one of those templates and create your own.  These templates have header and detail records.  Looks like that “should” work. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,
Did you consider option of loading mixed payments through Data Migration rather than External file? 

In my current project we have used Data Migration to load cash account opening balances (creating mixed payments). 

We have an interface creating mixed payments through external file load, but for that purpose we have created custom API package called in External File Template via “API After Unpack” call. It counts as customisation then.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Thanks for the reply. I am also thinking about it if I dont get any way around.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi, 

I know this is not the answer your looking for… but … 

In older IFS releases, I have previously created a header record in mixed payment and then created an external file to load the transaction lines.   It was not elegant, but worked.    

Also,  I have created files that flow through external payment. The external payment then creates the mixed payment.   

I see a number of file templates with file type ExtMixedPayment  in apps 10.   I have not tested, but theoretically, you should be able to copy one of those templates and create your own.  These templates have header and detail records.  Looks like that “should” work. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Am interested in this solution, do you have any setup details i could work from? I have created the header, but am unsure how to use the external file template to match that to the mixed payment?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The above highlights 3 options. 

I looked at your profile and see your in UK.  If that is correct you may  be interested in the solution we use in North America.   I’m somewhat biased for this solution - i designed it. 

The concept is we start with a payment format USCHECK and create a user defined template. The template includes a payment reference (can be a check number or other) payment amount, invoice number and amount to be applied to the invoice. We load this via external file assistant, it creates a external payment. We do a quick review and then use the option to create a mixed payment.  When the mixed payment is approved IFS does the cash app.  The solution does not include functionality for misc. cash.  That could be added manually in the mixed payment. 

If interested, I can attach a doc on how this USCHECK process works.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks Thomas for coming back so quickly, it woudl be great if you do have a document i could review for USCHECK. Essentially i am trying to achieve the same thing so could very well work for us!

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

This has not been updated for a while, but still applies today.