Question

Match Invoices with new PO Receipts

• 13 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi

I have a customer that uses the job ”Match Invoices with new PO Receipts”. Before that job is run they have another job “delete matched lines” that deletes matched lines to be able to match the entire invoice. Often they get an invoice for the entire order but the order can be delivered on different days. For some reason the matched lines can get authorized automatically even if the invoice is unbalanced since not every line is delivered, eg one single line can be authorized. I haven´t seen this setup before, does anyone else has experience on line authorization? Is it a setting in standard IFS or is there something in the ”Match Invoices with new PO Receipts” job that makes the lines authorized? 

Our main issue here is that we need to change the “Delete matched lines” job to also delete authorized lines but we can´t see where the authorizations happens :)

Thoughts and ideas are appricated!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @emmanilsson 

Have you tried changing setup on company and test? If your setup is automatic authorization then posting line is getting authorized as long as it is in tolerance limits. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi,

when I try to recreate in test the invoice looks like this:

The invoice is for three lines and I´ve received line 1. When I try to manually authorize that line I get the following error message

This means that I can´t authorize a single line?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @emmanilsson 

I don't know what you have setup on the company level but if you have remaining balance you are not allowed to authorize. 

You can change amount on posting line. Or delete matching and manually match with PO lines. Change the matched amount manually on PO matching window.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Exactly, I´ve only received one of the three lines, that is why the invoice is unbalanced. But they are able to authorize separate lines while waiting for deliveries on the other lines. in the example below it is not in balance but still authorized. I´m don´t understand at all :) Never seen before!

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hi @emmanilsson 

Resolution of the picture is very low therefore I cannot see the details of error message. 

Is the Posting Authorization field set to Automatic on company level? If so then as far as I know if the PO receipt is completed and there is no difference between PO line price and invoice price in this case authorization of the line is completed automatically whether all the lines are received or not.