Question

Match advance invoice with SUPOA

• 24 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

We have an advance invoice that we want to match with a supplier payment on account.

When we try to do an offset proposal we have this message error “Advance invoices are not allowed”

Is there a way to match advance invoice with a SUPOA payment ?

Best regards

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello,

Advance invoice cannot be offset. Advance payments can be offset. You must make a payment against advance invoice. Then you will be in receivable position with a SUPIA transaction. Then you can offset  negative  SUPIA with a positive SUPOA.

Hope this helps

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello, 

Can you explain more the process ? 

If I create a payment through a mixed payment for my advance invoice, i would have a negative amount on my bank account, how can it be matched with the supoa ? the supoa is also negative

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello,

Although advance invoice has a positive value, there will be advance payment after you make payment against the advance invoice. When you pay an advance invoice, it will create SUPIA transaction with negative value. Because you are sending the money to supplier.

On the other hand, if you send money to your supplier and enter this in mixed payment without matching an invoice then system will create SUPOA transaction (PP7) with negative value. Again, because you are sending the money to supplier.

At the end you send to your supplier money twice. Therefore you cannot offset negative SUPOA with a negative SUPIA. You cannot match 2 negative transactions.

You can share the idea in your head and i will try to help with that

Thanks