Question

Manuel Invoice Supplier Tolerance Postings

• 23 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

If we are not using Supplier Posting Proposal, how can we automatically post a variance on an invoice within tolerance.  We set up a tolerance on the supplier file

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

You can change the invoice price at the matching level in ‘Post from purchase order’ window.

Then it will create the M19 or M20 postings automatically.

Is this what you meant by automatic?

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I was hoping that it would create the variance posting automatically without having to override the price.  Thanks so much for your reply.  I really appreciate it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, if you have Tolerance enabled on supplier, and difference between receipt and invoice is within tolerance, invoice should be matched automatically. (Automatic matching happens when invoice is registered, at each change in PO reference field on the invoice posting proposal or by the background job dedicated to invoice matching, but not in case of manual matching, here you need to do the job manually).
Please note parameter exists on the company:

controlling if tolerance is added to invoiced price or separately accounted.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi @LauraR,

additionally should be set parameter Tolerance % or Tolerance Amount. And of course the option Create Tolerance Posting according to Posting Control which Adam mentioned for.

If this check box is selected, the tolerance lines will be posted according to the posting controls. If the check box is not selected, it will be posted in the same way as the previous cost posting line if the previous cost posting is a M93 or M65 posting. If the previous cost posting line is a M18 posting, the tolerance line will be posted according to the posting rules defined for M19/M20. If the previous cost posting line is a M187 posting the tolerance line will be posted according to the posting rules defined for M185/M186.

But this option could be use not for all valuation methods. It dosn’t work for Weighted Average method as  I remember.

best regards,

Małgorzata

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you everyone for your help.  I really appreciate it.