Solved

Manual clearing of RNI

• 26 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

We are running Apps 9 and have a problem with clearing an RNI item.  The original receipt is tied to a fixed asset object that has since been scrapped.  We typically clear these by creating a $0 invoice to the supplier, match the receipt and post the offset elsewhere.  IFS is not allowing us to match this receipt because of the object status.

I previously worked in SAP and there was a way to manually clear these items out of the received not invoiced account and was wondering if there was a similar option in IFS.

I know we can take the difficult route of rolling back the object transactions to open the object back up and clear this but that would require rollbacks to previous years, which is not ideal.

icon

Best answer by Nancy Fink 26 May 2021, 15:57

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you go to the receipt -- there is a close date field.   You can manually add a date and this will remove this from the PO.   NOTE: you will want to do a journal entry to remove from your accrual account

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @kleasure,

Have you tried manually updating the “Closed Date” of the Purchase Receipt and cerate a manual voucher to set off balances? Also if you create postings against a “Ledger Account” you may need to use voucher type “Q” instead of “M”

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Sorry - my original reply had a typo -- when you put in the close date it should say it will remove it from the RNI report

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you both!  This works great!