M69 M70 posting type

• 1 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Hello team

I set the posting type M69 and M70 to handle charge type on customer order. What’s are these posting type for and where does com from  the amount on this posting line? Please advise

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 2 December 2021, 19:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The M69 and M70 is for the cost of the charge.  The cost of the charge is optional and often times entered as 0 when a charge type is created.  See image below. 

Sorry I lost connection.   

The charge type has an optional cost value in the basic dat screen / charge type screen.  That’s a default.  The customer order - charge type line has the same attribute and can be edited.  

A common use case, is when we have a freight interface that adds the charge type - amount to be invoiced to the customer on the customer order but than also what the cost of the freight would be.  

The M69 / M70 is certainly not used in all cases- the cost is optional.    I would say, it’s less common to have the cost on the charge line, than it is to have cost on the charge line. 

I’ll post images in the next posting (one I get my connection  issues resolved).  - Internet problems. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Image below is the charge type cost - from the charge type.