Question

M273 and M274 Posting type

• 13 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Please  i want to understand the use of the  posting type M273 and M274. In which event are they used? Is it possible to remove  them? 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @hary,

M273 & M274 postings are triggered when the manual supplier invoices  are created with foreign currency. Eg; Exchange rate difference between PO GRN date  & invoice matching date. 

Best Regards

Narmada

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi Hary,

I too agree with Narmada and let me explain it through the following example and flow;

Company has USD as accounting currency

Create a PO with a foreign currency other than the accounting currency (SEK) -> Make sure Currency Rate is defined as follows;

Create the PO using above Currency (SEK) and Release/ Reserve it

Then change the Currency Rate as follows;

Now create an Invoice connecting the above PO. Currency Rate fetched as follows;

And Match PO receipt with invoice -> Verify that M273 posting has been fired to since the  Currency Rate has increased. And if the Currency rate is decreased then M274 will be fired;

So these 2 postings (M273 and M274) will be fetched whether there’s a currency rate between PO and invoice dates as long as you perform the transaction using a foreign currency.

And you can only remove it if you can confirm that there won’t be any transactions performed or to be performed in any foreign currencies in future, since whenever you add a transaction using a foreign currency then you might encounter currency rate differences.

Best Regards,

Rasangi

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’m reading a number of posting questions - posting events and similar. 

It appears that some misunderstandings may exist regarding posting control / posting events. “can I remove an event / posting”. 

IFS triggers a posting type because something happened.   That would be in terms of a given transaction and the data related to that transaction.   Posting control is configured such that the effects of a given transaction creates the correct accounting. 

The when / if events / posting control is triggered is not something that’s configurable. We can’t turn off a given posting type because we don’t want it to occur.  You can decide not to do a certain transaction, or make sure the data does not cause a certain posting. but you can’t configure this  such that even if X occurs with this data, I wish to turn the postings off.  

It’s best to configure the posting control to produce the correct accounting effects. Typically if you remove the posting types from posting control,  when this situation happens again, the transaction will be in error and then you will need to add the posting type back in to allow successful posting.   

Hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

Thomas