Solved

Ledger Account is not permitted for Manual Vouchers

• 1 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +14

Hi,

I’m trying to create a manual voucher because I want to cancel an Approved voucher using a manual voucher. But when I try to use same accounts in Approved voucher, I’m getting this error.

How can I grant permission for an account for manual booking as well.

Is it possible to change Account and is it okay to do that kind of change?

Please advise me.

Thank you in Advance.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 1 November 2021, 21:30

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

You are not allowed to make a manual journal entry to an account that is setup as a ledger account.   You can use a voucher type that belongs to function group of Q to achieve what you wish. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

IFS does not allow a manual voucher to “ledger” accounts. The account can’t be changed to ledger after being used. 

We do this for very good reason. We want to ensure the sub ledger matches GL or GL matches the sub ledger.  A “Q” voucher can update the ledger account for GL, but is that really the correct way. Your AR probably has an invoice that may need attention.  If you do the Q voucher - you may cause GL and the sub ledger to no longer tie out (a bad thing). 

If you really want to cancel a entry to a ledger account for example AR Trade (as I see in your screen image) do something to the invoice such as cancel the invoice or create a credit. A manual voucher only changes the GL side.   You  would have “other” that would need to be fixed as well. 

If you happened to make a mistake and accidentally set a given account as ledger where it should not have been, assuming this is test, make the correct changes in PROD.  Note IFS requires certain posting types to be ledger.  These are not optional (for example AR / AP trade must be ledger.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +14

Thank you very much @Nancy Fink and @Thomas Peterson for your quick responses.

I will try your suggestions :blush:

Badge +14

The voucher I wanted to reverse was made up from an Instant Invoice.
So  I was able to create correction invoice using it’s RMB option ‘Create Correction Invoice...’.

I have removed the correction line, because I thought it would be better to start with a new instant invoice.

and when I print invoice and update GL vouchers, another voucher  created.

Thank you all for your valuable opinions.