Question

ISO20022 supplier invoice id prolonged with /1

• 28 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

When supplier invoice payments are sent the ISO20022 pain-file is created with a /1 as a suffix on the supplier invoice number (not all of them, strangely). This causes issues when the CAMT053 file is loaded because then IFS Applications cannot find the invoices automatically and the AP Department needs to spend time identifying the invoices manually.

Any ideas folks?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Jonas,

The original intention of formatting the unstructured remittance information as you described was the requirement of distinguish the installments. Since there can be situation of making payments based on installments, there was a requirement to include the installment ID after invoice number. This is how it was introduced for SEPA Credit Transfer, however at that time CAMT statements were not in live. However, you might already know that after APP8 SP2, there were several improvements were made to External Payment area to improve the matching logic. Based on your explanation, I assume that your IFS customer is not using payment order for matching purpose (matching CAMT file via EndToEndID). This problem doesn’t occur if the matching is happened through EndToEndID and in this case, you wait to create the payment until the CAMT is loaded. But, if the business scenario doesn’t support for  EndToEndID based matching, you have to use the other identifier types such as Invoice Number. But, still it should be possible to setup the correct matching logic to identify the invoices by skipping the installment line. If the prepared reference option is used with the string length (identifier format also can be used), it should be possible to match the correct invoice. 

So, I have few questions..

1. Do you get the structured payment block in the CAMT file with only one invoice reference?
  2. If not, please include the image of Unstructured remittance block in CAMT file. So, we can find a way to setup the external payment parameters to match your details.
Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Thanks for your answer Eranda,

Currently I am not working and will return to work Monday 21st August. 

I will look into this following your information and answering your questions as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Jonas Jäthing