Question

ISF Localization

• 16 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to figure out if IFS has localizations for such countries as Argentina, South Africa (RSA), Egypt.  And if it does how far it goes. In other words, if we go with IFS, do we still need to use local solutions to cover all the accounting & taxation requirements OR we can rely on IFS financial module and get rid of all the local financial software?

Thank you

2 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to figure out if IFS has localizations for such countries as Argentina, South Africa (RSA), Egypt.  And if it does how far it goes. In other words, if we go with IFS, do we still need to use local solutions to cover all the accounting & taxation requirements OR we can rely on IFS financial module and get rid of all the local financial software?

Thank you

We have a global extension that covers a number of countries (e.g. Brazil, India etc.) where there are a lot of legislative controls and tax rules but I have not seen these specific countries mentioned as being special or needing special solutions. Have you had a look at that at all or spoken to anyone at IFS about it? 

Badge +1

The IFS standard solution can be greatly configured to meet local legal requirements and business practices in many countries. How long you come with the standard solution and configurations depends on the complexity of the country requirements.

As a general approach, when implementing in a country, someone (the customer, IFS, a partner or an auditor) needs to map the requirements with what is already available in IFS Applications.

The potential gaps can be handled in the implementation project as work-arounds and/or configurations or be supported by a partner / service providers for statutory reporting and eInvoicing.

In most cases gaps are related to statutory reporting.

For Argentina there are several country specific capabilities in the standard to facilitate the roll-out to global customers. Besides this, IFS Latin has built a localization and have knowledge about the requirements.