Question

Is someway to change the transaction date in CASH BOX?

• 16 June 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I need to change the transaction date or eliminate a CashBox transation with wrong date.

any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ConAlberM 

You cannot change the Transaction date when it is in Approved status. However, you can try to cancel the transaction from header level as below

Hope This helps. 

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @ConAlberM 

As Buddhika mentioned in his reply, you cannot change the transaction date if the payment status is Approved. And you are not allowed to cancel a cash box when the payment status of a cash box is Approved.

It’s better to create a case to IFS Support if you want to check the possibility of eliminating a transaction of a cash box with status Approved.

Best regards

Heshani 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hello, Thanks @Buddhika Nanayakkara and @Heshani Vidanapathirana for your answers, I will reach IFS Support for further assitance. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ConAlberM,

Yes, as @Heshani Vidanapathirana mentioned a transaction entered in the cashbox cannot be cancelled once it is approved. Apologies for that. 

In order to offset the payment made in the cashbox, you can reverse the payment entered via entering a subsequent credit or debit payment.

Additional Note: The user can cancel the transaction after printing the receipt but before approving the entry.

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

As it is not posible to eliminate this transations, What could be the work around to report Cash Box transations that were left out?

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ConAlberM,

First you can create a reversal cash box transaction for the same erroneous date and then create correct transaction for the correct date. 

It is recommended to try this in aupdated non live environment, before doing the same in Live.

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Buddhika Nanayakkara,

When you indicate reversal cash box transaction, is it an special transation?, or how to perform the reversal transation?

Thanks & best regards

Alberto

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @ConAlberM,

No it is not a special transaction. 

From the initial screenshot I can see you have entered USD 100 credit transaction for 6/16/2021. To reverse that you can create another cashbox transaction to debit USD 100 for the same day (6/16/2021).

So it will setoff the values and impact for 6/16/2021 will be 0. 

After that you can create another credit USD 100 transaction for the correct date. 

Thanks & best regards,

Buddhika

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Buddhika Nanayakkara,

I tried this process, but after I used the date 6/16/2021; the system does not aloud me to make cash box transactions for dates before 6/16/2021

Thanks,