Solved

IP28 control type is missing in posting control

• 9 September 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

in our system we are not using posting type IP28.

today user created 2 manual supplier invoices; system accepted the first invoice without any problem and raised this error in the second invoice.

the second invoice contains some accounts more than the first invoice.

the additional accounts are:

11406001    Advances to Staff - Personal
11501016    Attieh Medico Current Account
21301004    GRN Payable (Foreign)
21501005    Accruals - Staff Airfare Tickets
51101014    Air Tickets
51104004    Air Tickets (Recruitment)
51114001    Air Tickets Expense (Business)
I reviewed the credit and debit balances in the invoice and it is matching with net and gross amounts.

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 9 September 2021, 15:45

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I would recommend logging into a test data base, enter posting control IP28 (create a new record and type in IP28) with a fixed value control type. The account string should probably be the same as GP1. 

Then test the exact same entry again.   

If IP28 is triggered, we would hope this to be a very small amount.   If you need to test in PROD, you can do same as above but verify that the IP28 should have the same string as GP1.  The difference value should be small.  

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

the invoice contains lines for companies (101,102,103,105,106,111,121,123,901) posting type IP28 defined in only  (103,111,121 and 901)

the GP1 is not used in any company.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi @Nagah.khaled 

Posting Type IP28 using for Invoice Voucher Difference – Supplier

The rounding difference in accounting currency that occurs during the process of posting a supplier invoice. This difference in amount will be posted to IP28. It happens when you using different currency for the invoice. Normally the value should be very small.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

invoice contains only one currency and I reviewed the amounts many time and it is matching .

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

invoice contains only one currency and I reviewed the amounts many time and it is matching .

is it same as accounting currency?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

GP1 is a rarely used posting type. But I’ve never not set it up.  GP1 is a rounding difference type posting just like IP28.  

Please copy the IP28 to all companies.    Usually as best practice we try and keep all companies set up the same. It’s far easier if every company is set up the same.  Use the copy to companies option. 

Badge

It is better to define both IP28 and IP31 (In APP10 version) postings in your company in order to handle the rounding differences occurred when you post the Invoices.

IP28 -  Invoice Voucher Difference – Supplier

IP31 -  Invoice Voucher Difference – Customer

If you create a new company you can see these postings automatically generated in Posting Control Page. 

Then you need to define “Accepted Invoice Voucher Difference in Accounting Currency:” in Company.