Question

Invoices(s) to Authorize application defined event

• 2 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have setup the application defined event to trigger Emails for Invoices to Authorize. But when users receive them in the mailbox details are concatenated and seems messy. Is there a way to rearrange the 

“ &MESSAGE_TEXT “ to show one invoice per line?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Typically, for that event the event message would include a link to a given IFS screen.  The link will then direct the user to a designated screen whether that is a lobby or IFS screen, the intent is for a user to click the link and see the records that require action. 

Assuming the above is followed, the above message structure is intended to be informational.  You have the following 10 (or 100) invoices waiting for authorization. 

The user typically clicks the link and the appropriate screen is displayed. 

The above is the typical process. 

If you really need to change the format, that’s probably possible - I’ve seen some highly sophisticated  event messages, but that’s not the norm.  The amount of effort, may not provide the benefit.  A link to the appropriate data may be far more user friendly. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

We have the same issue.  We are using the NOTIFY_NEXT_AUTH event and I believe the message is the default message included in the Action Details but the list of invoices display all on one line in the email sent to the authorizer.  How can this be corrected so it’s easier to read?  

“You are the next authorizer of the following invoice(s) in company &COMPANY.

&MESSAGE_TEXT

Regards
IFS”

If I select the Add URL button, I get the following question ‘This logical Unit for the Event ‘NotificationEventsUtil’ does not have a registered home window.  Do you want to use the Url Designer?

If I click Yes, the Posting Proposals window is not an option.  

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Shelley