Question

invoice matching against PO

• 12 February 2024
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello, I remember that I could make matching between two different currencies, but now it seems like impossible. Is there any one who can help me to make matching between a purchase order with a SEK(sweden currency) and an invoice with a EURO currency? 

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello, I hope you got time to look on my question:) can any one give me a tips to solv this problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello

Indeed, cross-currency matching should work without issues. To help you with, in addition to the invoice, you should show us here receipts you want to match with it - with quantity and price. It would be good to make sure order is in SEK and how receipt was posted (see inventory transaction postings with amounts).

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

What you are showing in the screenshot is a matching imbalance. Can you see the currency rate in the posting line? When you calculate the values properly and convert against the correct currency rates, I think you will understand that there is an imbalance. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello, I am just posting this according Adam’s request, in order to show how the receipts is posted. In addition the order is in SEK aswell. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

OK,

Is this the only receipt you would like to match with the invoice shown in previous screenshot? 
Your receipt is worth 356,42 SEK. If you convert this amount to EUR, it will give you around 30 EUR (depending on the rate applied). In the error message system said it is 27.61 EUR

So it is CORRECT message, value of the receipt is not matching value of the invoice. Matching is managed in invoice currency and so amounts in the message are.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hello Adam, Yes it is the only receipt that I want to matcha and even if the amount is less when it is conveted to EURO but it could be possible to change the amount according the invoice and make a match, but it looks like impossible and get this message. see below

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Please check what tax code is present in posting line (in Optional code field). Is it the one on invoice line, SE25P ? The last error message suggest it is not.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

yes it is SE25P in both lines even though the message suggests it is not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yes it is SE25P in both lines even though the message suggests it is not.

Well this seems strange then. Did you check it on both Lines and Posting info  and Cost Postings? Perhaps one line is created somewhere without tax code?

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

yes, I have checked but nothing is with out tax code and the tax codes on all raws is the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

So I cannot explain this further. If there’s nothing without tax code, there should be no issue.

I know that there’s parameter on company controlling this correspondence between tax code on postings and on invoice line, which I usually switch off (check Company Invoice/Tax information).
Without this checkbox selected, validation is not made and this message is not triggered.

You can try to extend amount precision in  presentation (showing more than 2 decimals) to make sure amounts are propoerly rounded in posting proposal, but I doubt it is the case here.