Question

invoice approval rule exists for credit notes

• 19 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +5

I cant find a way of specifying that an invoice approval rule exists for credit notes in other words all invoices with negative amounts  

4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@ken miles  our business has struggled similarly in that we require customer credit invoice approvals over a certain dollar amount. Have you discovered an effective workaround?

I have created an Idea on the community to introduce this as a feature. Please vote on it if you would like to see this feature introduced!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

A common workaround is to set up the approval routing process from the document management area of IFS. The approval routing would typically use a template to assign the people needing to approve.  You then enable the approval template as a connected object (service list) in the object connection screen (found in solution manager). 

Then if needed an event (in older releases) can be used to stop further processing.

It’s not elegant but it does work.

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, 

A common workaround is to set up the approval routing process from the document management area of IFS. The approval routing would typically use a template to assign the people needing to approve.  You then enable the approval template as a connected object (service list) in the object connection screen (found in solution manager). 

Then if needed an event (in older releases) can be used to stop further processing.

It’s not elegant but it does work.

Best regards, 

Thomas

Do you have a guide on how to do this?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry, I don’t have a guide.   The approval routing is very common document management functionality. We then use IFS object connections to enable the approval routing for that screen. 

See solution manager object connections. This will enable the approval template for a particular screen.