Solved

Invalid authorizer due to setting in window Authorization Combination Rules

• 31 March 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

We have created a po with 6 ‘no part’ lines.  3 of the lines are coded to project 6120 and the other 3 lines are coded to project 4547.  The Purchase Authorization Routing template that was selected is connection to Purchase Order Authorization Rule 100-4111 which has the ‘Apply Regardless of Project’ flag checked off.  The po was acknowledged, approved, release and received in full

The manual supplier invoice was received and entered to match at PO Header, so only one invoice line was entered.  The posting proposal was created and the po matching was done for each of the 6 po lines automatically, no lines were ‘modified manually’.  The Status Detail Info is “Posting proposal is in balance and awaiting authorization”

The Authorize tab shows the Approval Rule Source is Purchase  and the Approval Rule is 100-4111 as above, however, the lines that were coded to Project 6120 are all showing the following error:

The code part combination on posting line with row id 1 is invalid for authorizer 1053 in sequence no 20, due to settings in window Authorization Combination Rules.

Is this standard?  I thought that if the po was authorized and the invoice matched without issues the Posting Proposal would all authorize automatically.   Why does the Approval Source show Purchase, but the error message is referring to a Invoice Workflow Basic Date → Authorization Combination Rule?  What is the connection to the Authorization Combination Rule ?  Where do we see the Auth Combination Rule info on the Posting proposal window?

I have attached print screens.

icon

Best answer by Shehan Almeida 16 April 2021, 09:36

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

HI,

An authorization combination rule will be connected to each invoice authorizer. This will help to determine the allowed code part combinations and the amounts that are possible to be authorized by an authorizer.

You can find this window under Supplier Invoice ---> Invoice Workflow Basic Data

Cheers,

Thilini

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Yes, but if the purchase order is authorized and matched to the invoice with no manual updates, why does the invoice require authorization again.

thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hi,

We cannot provide an exact reason behind your issue without investigating this.

You may log a support case for the issue with details.

Cheers,

Thilini

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Shelley,

Answers to your questions are;

I thought that if the po was authorized and the invoice matched without issues the Posting Proposal would all authorize automatically.
Even if the po is authorized and the invoice is matched, Authorization Combination Rules will be checked if there's any connected rule in Invoice Posting Authorizer

Why does the Approval Source show Purchase, but the error message is referring to a Invoice Workflow Basic Date → Authorization Combination Rule?  
Through basic data setup in Company > Supplier Invoice Workflow > General > Inherit Authorizer (s) from Purchase, if there's existing authorizers from the purchase order or purchase requisition it will be shown in the posting proposal. 

But, Authorization Combination Rule is still checked irrespective of Approval Rule Source.

What is the connection to the Authorization Combination Rule ?  
An authorization combination rule will be connected to invoice posting authorizers. This will help to determine who is allowed to authorize a posting, based on the code part combination and the amount specified in the connected combination rule.

Where do we see the Auth Combination Rule info on the Posting proposal window?
If you zoom to your Invoice Posting Authorizer in Posting Proposal > Authorize Tab, you can view the Authorization Combination Rule

Hope above given info would be useful and please let me know if you need further assistance

Thanks and Best Regards
Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Shelley,

I have done a quick test on this. Even if the PO is authorized, if there is Authorization a combination rule failure, invoice postings will not be authorized. 

This is the correct and expected behavior of the application.

However, as you correctly say, user will only see the Purchase Approval rule in the posting information. There is no information which ‘Authorization Combination Rule’ is blocking this.

I think, this is could be a area for improvement. Might have to create as a new idea as well.

Will investigate this further and get back to you.

Shehan Almeida.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi Shelley,

I have done a quick test on this. Even if the PO is authorized, if there is Authorization a combination rule failure, invoice postings will not be authorized. 

This is the correct and expected behavior of the application.

However, as you correctly say, user will only see the Purchase Approval rule in the posting information. There is no information which ‘Authorization Combination Rule’ is blocking this.

I think, this is could be a area for improvement. Might have to create as a new idea as well.

Will investigate this further and get back to you.

Shehan Almeida.

I have created this as a new Idea. see the below link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Shehan Almeida.

I have created this as a new Idea. see the below link.

@Shehan Almeida , why am I not allowed to access the link regarding the ideas you create? I am an IFS customer. Is it only for IFS staff and the partners? :)