Solved

Import Object IFS 8.0

• 8 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi,

Is anyone know how to solve the below error?  Please share.  Really appreciated.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Adam Mazurczak 8 February 2022, 16:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to Finance.

Hi,

There is one problem I’ve noticed when I tried to do similar Import Object in App10.

There is problem with the dates - you are trying to add Acq.Value Adj. at 2021-03-01 , but the Acq. Date is 2021-03-26 - which is later. Acquisition date must be the first date of all transaction dates. Another words Adjustment Date must be later - after Acquisition Date.

Maybe this revolves the problem.

Best Regards,

Pawel

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @MDEWILSON ,
depreciation should be calculated to the period in which the acquisition adjustment will be posted. In your case to the period = 2021 03.
By the way, in your example you are trying to adjust acquisition value by amount = 0. Is this correct? 
Best regards,
Adam

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi Adam,

My intention is to transfer one FA object from one company to another.  Anyway APP 8.0 has no such function.  therefore, I try to copy object from source company (80) to destination company (company 33). Afterward I used Import Object to post the acquisition transaction and depreciation transaction into company 33 of this object no.  Since it is the old asset transfer, the accumulated depreciation value shall be posted inside company 33.  If I didn’t do so, system will consider this is new asset in 33 and depreciation process will started from the beginning again.

I put 0 value in acquisition adjustment is it is not adjustment, the transfer shall be same to the initial acquisition value.

I am not sure whether this Import Object can suit this requirement but is that another better way to perform the FA object transfer across company?

Thanks.

Hi @MDEWILSON ,
depreciation should be calculated to the period in which the acquisition adjustment will be posted. In your case to the period = 2021 03.
By the way, in your example you are trying to adjust acquisition value by amount = 0. Is this correct? 
Best regards,
Adam