Skip to main content
Question

Impact of GL Voucher Archiving

• 17 June 2024
  • 2 replies

We are planning to start the GL voucher archiving as our data grows faster in the GL voucher row table.

This is impacting day-to-day reporting and some month-end processes where data is fetching from GL voucher row tables.

My question is if we archive these data will it impact any process in IFS for example “Calculate Revenue Recognition”?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Honestly, I have not tested that exact scenario.  My belief is that no it will not.  In the archiving you would typically archive old data.  Given the year end process, those values would already have been capitalized, and calculated, and in most cases already seen as fully complete in terms of system usage. 

The recommendation is that you would archive old data.  Old data is often defined as older than 5 or 7 years.  Old data is always a subjective option. I’m just using examples that are common in some countries. 

Clearly this is something you should test in a testing environment before performing this in PROD. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +2

Thank you @Thomas Peterson for your answer. We will make a test first and if all looks OK then will continue GL archiving.