Question

IFS learner

• 9 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi, I am fresher and new to IFS can you please help me to understand the finance module or there is any details documentation so that is will be easy for me to understand the workflow. 

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Renuka,

The IFS Academy offers multiple tutorials to learn the IFS Financials module. You can drop them an email and in order to check the courses available you can click the below link.

https://www.ifs.com/corp/resources/academy/

In this window, under the Enterprise Resource Planning section you should be able to find ‘IFS Application Financials Consultant’ you can check the courses available in this section and how to register to those courses.

Apart from this, you can refer to the IFS F1 Online Documentation as well. 

For example: If you want to learn about Group Consolidation.

Navigator Path

1.Financials>Consolidation> Group Consolidation

2.On the footer, click Help.> Then click on Page Help>Next Search “Group Consolidation”.

I hope this will help you.

Best Regards,
Thanushi

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @Renuka ,

You can view the IFS Online documentation here.  https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/  click on the IFS Functional Areas and you’ll see Financials.   

Also take a look at the IFS Academy  they offer training courses including Financial Consultant at https://www.ifs.com/resources/academy/ .

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

My best recommendation would be to attend a training session.  The word docs / PPT’s / training material will help you learn a function, task. But it may not be as helpful to help you understand the how / why / overall working design - why IFS does what it does.  The “about” type documents in IFS help are usually really good as explaining the why.  But a good trainer, can’t be replaced (in my opinion). 

Hans Sjöqvist trained me back in 1997 - I can’t even tell you how important that knowledge was. He helped me understand the why, and that’s far more important than understanding how to do something. 

Hope this helps. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi good morning, 

Thank you for your great words.. 

Yes, I agree with you.. It's really needed a good trainer.  Can you please help me to provide docs and ppt related to finance module if any so that I can able to understand the terms atleast like what is user , user group, code string, code part, working flow of mannual supplier invoice ,customer invoice etc. 

Thanks in advance.. 

Renuka

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @Thanushi Jayaweera & william.klotz

Thank you..

I already go through that IFS academy and filled inquiry form but yet I not received any mail from that. Should I need to follow any other process ? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Renuka,

As @Thanushi Jayaweera already mentioned in her reply above you can use the Page Help to understand why each window/function is used.

Example.

1. Go to “Manual Supplier Invoice”
  2. Click on “Help”
  3. Then click “Page Help”

Best Regards,