Question

IFS Cloud Business Planning

• 4 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello All,

While defining Planning Unit in IFS cloud for Business Planning setup, error is being faced as attached. Checked and tried to remove the error but no success.

Kindly suggest.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I tested in both an older version and the newest version.    That error message is usually produced when a value (such as a cost center or department) was entered but that value doe not really exist or may be due to date ranges,  In the screen you show for the error message you can “optionally” enter code string data for example a fixed cost center.   If your trying to save the planning unit with a code string value and that value does not exist - the error will be produced.  

If not and no code string values are entered, I did not get the error. 

Suggestion - create a new planning unit and save after the Planning unit and description has been entered.  Then continue with any other settings you may wish to enter. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

@Thomas Peterson Thanks for reply.

But while saving header of planning unit only i.e., Planning Unit and Description, system asking to define planning step as Mandatory part. Once entered these 3 details, we are getting the error.

Also in planning dimensions tab of planning unit, option to enter any record is not available and also is blank (does not have any code part value).

There are no dates specified on planning unit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

An option to set the steps as mandatory appears to have been selected.  You can uncheck that option for testing.

Then you can focus on the planning steps and the set up issues.