Solved

I need to change the Account Periods - Any advice

• 16 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hello IFS Community,

I need to change the Account Periods to all our Companies. from 12/31/2021 to 12/27/2021

However, I have vouchers with Voucher date to 12/31/2021

I was wondering if somebody have done something like this before?

Could somebody please provide some advices in how could I do this?

Please provide screenshot if it is possible. Any instructions in how to do this.

Thanks,

JL

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 16 December 2021, 17:51

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

It’s probably best to log a support case. I say this because as a user you can’t change that data after it been used. Also, this has been done many times by support.  If you choose do do this internally or outside of support you run the risk of missing something or failing to do this correctly.  Then the issues can be rather difficult to correct. 

I tend to believe it’s best to go with the people  who have done this many times - IFS support. 

Even though I have many years experience as an IFS finance consultant, when my clients need the  same - we enter a support case. -  I would hate to say - change A, B and C, only to miss D and cause difficulties. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Thomas Peterson  You are correct

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@ZTC ZTC JGOTA

This might be a late answer, but I just wanted to inform that we are doing (almost done) a similar activity to one of our IFS customer. Our scenario is quite complex, because there are transactions almost 6 months in GL should be corrected in order to reflect the correct accounting period. So this is basically a data repair activity which we carried out by considering all voucher generation points in the application. I agree with the comment given by @Thomas Peterson, because the team who is doing this activity should have a very good knowledge on the back end tables, specially on GL.

If you still have a question, please let me know, I might be able to give some hints.