Question

How to use Price Adjustment Purchase Per Line?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 545 replies

Community,

can you share on how to use Price Adjustment Purchase Per Line this function on Posting Proposal window, as we are using Posting Proposal. 

does this function apply to the invoice already matched, and we are working on another credit/debit invoice against the same PO line? or for original supplier invoice that comes in with a different price from what it is on the purchase order line? Thank you.  

11 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,

Price adjustment purchase option allows you to change invoiced price of PO line matched already with another invoice - this way you can manage price correction invocies/rebates etc.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam.Bereda  Thank you for your reply.

Per the screenshot attached, i actually did not see this RMB function enable, may I know the condition that this RMB menu is enabled?

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi,
I think you should indicate that invoices from this suppliers should be matched per line.
In such a case, you should add PO line reference in invoice line. 

Similar options are available on invoice header (when matching is done on header or receipt level)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam.Bereda Thank you. got it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam.Bereda Sorry, bother here, i want to make sure I am doing the right thing. I am trying to do a either debit/credit invoice after the invoice matching is completed.

i have all my question in the below screenshot, can you review and let me know, thank you for your time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi,

For question 1 - as in regular matching, by debit or credit note you can modify invoiced unit price, invoiced amount or aditional costs - the field you are indicating is for unit price difference.

For question 4 - Purchase order itself will not get updated by price adjustment purchase. But checking this checkbox, you can update purchase part price details (unit price, discount etc.) in Supplier for Purchase Part window. I think system help can provide you more detailed explanation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Thank you again.

Question 4 I can see the Supplier for Purchase Part is updated with the expected price ($3+$2). $2 is the debit invoice received and i enter in the Price Diff/Curr column. Appreciated your support.

Regarding question 1, I am indicating is the Price Adjustment window. the window is for the debit/credit invoice which received after the first matching, correct? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda Append to the question 1 above,  I am trying to demonstrate a new supplier invoicing scenario which we never come across before. This supplier when on goods delivery, will give us a provisional price ,and needs to pay in 8 days. then after some time, they will give us a final invoice, it could be higher or lower than the provisional price. if that is the case, definitely we should do manual supplier invoicing twice. 1st is the regular matching, this one we can handle. regarding the 2nd invoice, we should enter the invoice in below 1 or 2?  my understanding is, if they give us diff invoice, then we do in 2, if they give us normal invoice, then we do in 1? correct?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi, 
I think you can modify values in any of the highlighted columns following the case of your debit/credit note. All these values can be positive or negative and reflects the nature of the change

• price diff/curr for changes in unit price (net and gross in separate columns)
  • additional costs for changes in overheads value (packing, freight etc.) - groess and net separately again
  • discount (%) for changes in discount percentage offered by supplier
  • non-ded tax diff  for changes in non-deductible tax value applicable.

and you can adjust roundings in invoice-invent diff amt/base, in case system-calcualted value is not correct.
The more precise matching the better

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

For your specific supplier invoicing patetrn, I would expect second invoice to cover difference only (as this is payable only if you have paid initial invoice already). And yes, in such a case this invoice should be matched as price adjustment, because initail provisional invoice is matched already with full quantities of receipt.

Other possible scenario is the 1st invoice being kind of advance, and in such a case you should register it as an advance invoice, without matching, while second invoice (for full value) is the final one, the only one matched with receipt, and payable partially by advance, partially by additional payment (providing that previous payment did not cover it fully). In this scenario supplier should refund you the overpaid amount if the final proce was lower that provisional one.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Adam Bereda you are awesome!!! Appreciated.