Solved

How to set up payment reminders based off of due dates

• 27 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello,

Is there a way to configure the payment reminders to send out only based off of the due date? For example, we want to send payment reminders to customers only when an invoice on their account is 15 days old and again when their invoice is 30 days old. It seems like payment reminders in IFS include all invoices in their reminders and you cannot separate these… additionally you cannot send these based off of dude dates… 

Other than doing this with custom event actions, is there another way to set this up? Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan

icon

Best answer by Pawel Dworzynski 4 December 2023, 14:17

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Any and all advise would be greatly appreciated

Hello,
You can use the date Reminder Blocked Until in definition of the Installment Plan Details for the Invoice
on the screen "Reminder/Interest Information per Invoice".
Next you can use parameter REMINDER_BLOCKED_UNTIL with generation of new Reminders Proposal
and set this parameter for Less than today.
Best Regards,
Pawel Dworzynski

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@bdoucette Hi,

Why do you look for another way? The custom event going to solve the problem.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @hhy38,

The main reason is so that I can use the built-in functionality and that requires less work/maintenance on my part so I can focus on other areas that don’t have said built-in functionality. I’d like the utilize the work already done than do double the amount of work that might be unnecessary with future updates. I’m following the “think smarter, not harder” mentality.

Best,

Bryan

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@bdoucette Yes, you are absolutely right. From the topic, I think you don't like custom events or it comes hard to implement. Now, I got you. Of course, If there is a built-in way, we must use it.

Regards,

Hasan

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi @hhy38 Custom events aren’t hard to create, but it seems the system should come with basic functionality. That’s what we are paying for of course!

Thanks,
Bryan