Solved

How to enter a diffèrent voucher date than the TodayDate

• 29 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 7 replies

Hello all. 

We need to use the external customer invoice assistant to migrate some invoice in IFS and we need to enter a specific voucher date (the 30/09/2022). But at each time, the only voucher date that is automatically entered is the day of the action of the import of the invoice.

We don’t understand what is blocking our wish…

Here our process if somebody has the answer :) 

It’s the invoice that I want migrate :

For the exemple, the transaction date is 31/01/2022. 

Here is our external file template :

Here is our load type (MIG) :

When I want to implement the invoice :

On the external customer invoice assistant I select the load typ MIG and I enter my wanted voucher date. 

It’s transferred and checked without errors.

I create the invoice and here is the basic screen that appears with the voucher date of today.

I change the voucher date.

My invoice is succesfully created but with the wring voucher date. Samed if I poste the invoice.

What’s wrong wit my parameters ?

icon

Best answer by Thomas Peterson 30 January 2023, 15:33

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hello,
I am not sure from your screenshot, but it seems that when you create customer invoice from external load, it creates manual customer invoice in Preliminary status. Am I right? 
In such a case, problem is rather in company setup and not external invoice interface setup.
In company setup you have two parameters:
- create postings at invoice entry
- set invoice date to current when printing the invoice.
I the first of these parameters is unchecked, you need to use dedicated option “Post invoice” to create invocie voucher. You did not demonstrate it, but if invoice voucher is to be created by dedicated function, whatever date you have passed in the file or load parameters, it is ignored and the date applied to dedicated Post invoice function is used instead. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In apps 8 (maybe apps 9) IFS enhanced the functionality in the external customer invoice parameters. These parameters drive how the process works. For example, a new parameter was added that affects the postings.  You can now post the external invoices regardless of the company setting.  Most importantly for your inquiry is the ability to use the voucher date from the file load process rather than the invoice date / transaction date.    -   In this case, invoices over N years / N periods can all post as of a given voucher date (migration date).  

I recall testing this a few years ago and found that the flow (start to finish) actually picked up the default settings rather than your MIG settings.    If I remember correctly this occurred when the process stops and starts (when the check and create boxes were unchecked).  

Try having the flow continue for a small set of invoices in a test environment. Else, change the default to your load type, then change it back.   

Best regards, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Ok, Thomas is right:

In your screenshot, checkbox “Automatic posting irrespective of company settings” is not checked for MIG row, which in cobination with company setting “create postings at invoice entry” unchecked makes system loading customer invoices in Preliminary status - and effectively ignoring voucher date specified in load process. 

Badge +3

Hello you two,

It works, thanks a lot ! 

The other positive way of this parameter, as I saw on my test is that the invoice, when created with the migration tool, is now automatically posted ! 

Perfect for me !

Thanks again ! 💕

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes - Agreed, I pushed to get that changed / added in apps 8. We have the same option in supplier invoice - that came in after IFS version 8.  

Best regards, take care.