Question

How to close a company in IFS 10?

• 30 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi! 

I’ve tried to find an answer to this question, but it seems that IFS does not offer any one-click-solution to close/expire/deactivate an existing company. Please tell me if I am wrong, which I hope to be ;) but if I am not, maybe you have an idea how to deal with such task. 

We have several companies which were shut down at the end of last year. I blocked their cash accounts, Suppliers and Customers, removed users from user groups and deleted voucher series, removed accounting periods, years, etc.What else should be done to avoid unexpected transactions.

Another thing is how to remove those companies from multicompany reports and list of values in Change Global Company. 

Any tips are welcome.

Thanks in advance

KW

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

For as long as the future periods are closed, no transactions are possible, but also what you did with removing the basic data will work.

I suggest removing access to the company and to the site associated with the company in “users per company” and “sites per user” to ensure that the company no longer appear in the list of companies for users or in reports. The admin user (e.g. IFSAPP; IFSADMIN) should still be kept access to the company in case any changes need to be made later down the line.