Question

How to add additional Days intervals to Customer Ledger Age Analysis reports

• 23 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I want to add additional intervals to Customer Aged analysis report like this:-

This example has 4th and 5th intervals whereas I am seeing only 3 intervals.

Can someone please advise?

Thanks

Jax

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

I’ve had that question many times.  The vast majority of the request for additional aging buckets come from staff working with credit and collections.  

The credit and collections process includes 6 user defined aging buckets.   The solution works great for it’s intended purpose.   

The standard ledger aged analysis report is not user definable, meaning we can’t add additional columns.   Long ago I used the output from that report and created a crystal report plug in style report.  You can export the results to excel. other and create your own variation of the report. 

Another option, many people do not know about is the customer (or supplier) balance history.  It can be used to get AR or AP details as of a given date such as month end.  You can then group that data into any number of aging buckets.  

Business reporter can also be used to group data into any number of aging buckets. 

Best regards

Badge +1

HI Thomas,

Thank you for the reply, but there has to be a way.  In the normal aging report there are only 3 intervals, however in the screen shot attached in my question, you can see intervals 4 & 5, so someone has acheived it.

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

What version of IFS are you showing in the print screen?  

The below is an apps 10 R&D reference environment (supposedly latest / greatest) 

Your image is a bit different - the additional intervals have a different flavor of text. 

Badge +1

HI Thomas,

Unfortunately I do not know - I found this on the forum related to another question.  Seems strange that IFS would take away functionality in more recent versions.

Best Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

We don’t take away functionality (typically) from release to release.  From the look of your image, it appears to be 1) A mod. or 2) A localization.    The text is a clear indication that the extra buckets are “special”.    Not saying for sure this is a mod / localization, but it does look unique.  

Send the previous post to me via email, private message or in this conversation.   

Best regards