Solved

HOW Edit a customer invoice in Preliminary state - IFS CLOUD???

• 13 December 2022
  • 8 replies

Badge +2

We have converted to IFS CLOUD, from IFS 9… 
Previously, we were able to edit a Customer invoice in Preliminary state, however we cannot figure out now, how to edit from the Manual customer invoices section of IFS Cloud…. 
There is no “edit” option in this screen, or in any of the “analysis” screens … 
Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by Shanuka Lashan 14 December 2022, 08:58

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Helene800481,

Edit functionality is not available in Manual Customer Invoice page in IFS Cloud. As a work around, you need to cancel the Preliminary Invoice and raise a new invoice with correct information. However, if you need to get a permanent solution as a bug correction, you may raise a Support case to IFS.

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Helene800481,

as another workaround you could use the instant invoice (Financials > Customer Invoice > Instant Invoice).

Here it is still possible to modify the invoice in preliminary state.

Furthermore you can use the template functionality to potentially save some time for entering the invoice if there are any recurring patterns like same customer with the same code string.

Best regards

Ben

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You can query customer invoices and filter for preliminary status.   From the ‘details’ (the three dots on the lines), you can visit the invoice and edit lines as needed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Thank you @cperdue 

The previous workarounds given aren’t possible in companies that are setup for Italy or France where it is imperative that the invoice be 100% accurate before sending onto the customer.  In those situations, editing the preliminary invoice is almost a certainty, so cancelling and starting again isn’t a solution.  It seems in Cloud that the normal workflow for these sorts of processes is unknown since the operation that was possible in version 9 or 10 is now just missing.  That isn’t a bug, but a design issue.

Even the ability to perform the edit from Customer Invoices will still require an additional search and multiple additional mouse clicks to get to edit function compared to previous versions.  Another thing to add to the list that will take longer it seems….

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@ShawnBerk - Helene is in the US so the process should work.

I would agree that there is still work to do in Cloud but I am encouraged by the speed that R&D is tackling the concerns/bugs/gaps.

Badge +2

Who would i contact if that “details” selection is missing? Would that be our internal IT department or someone with IFS directly? 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @cperdue,

The question here was about MANUAL CUSTOMER INVOICE and your answer with CUSTOMER INVOICE functionality. Unless you did some kind of configuration, I cannot query MANUAL CUSTOMER INVOCOICES in CUSTOMER INVOICES functionality. At least, here we don’t know how to do that.

Thanks

Gianni