Solved

How can I find the ledger account that a non-inventory part is mapped to?

• 24 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

We have non-inventory sales parts, and I am trying to find where on IFS I should go to see how that part is mapped to a certain account?

The way I am used to parts is that they should be mapped to a certain cost account and revenue account, but I am new to IFS, so where is the place to go and see where the sales part is mapped? Also is that the same place to go to change how the item is mapped, can I edit that?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Shanuka Lashan 25 December 2022, 16:35

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Dexpne ,

The inventory movements with regard to Non-Inventory Sales part is recorded via posting types M26 and M27. However, as per your requirement, to define a specific account per Non-Inventory Sales part is not possible. Instead, you can define a specific account for a different parameter. (For Example- per Sales Group). I have explained below how you can do that assuming that you will be defining a Account per Sales group.

In the Posting Control window create a similar line for posting type M26 with control type C15 with a valid date that greater than the existing valid date(So that existing M26 line will be automatically cancelled).

Secondly go into details page of the new line and you can add the new lines there per sales group and accounts can be added per sales group.

Additionally, you can define Accounts you want in the Account Page in IFS. Please not that I have made this comment assuming you are using IFS APP10 version. However, For IFS Cloud versions also window names are same.

Let me know if you need more assistance.

Kind regards,
Shanuka.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you very much I will try this!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello @Shanuka Lashan, I think I need to restate my problem. I have a few non-inventory parts that are ‘unit prices’. They are under Sales Group: “UNIT”. The revenue of these parts is going to the materials revenue account. 

My problem is that each one of these parts in fact contains labor, materials, and equipment. I want to find a way to split the income of these parts into the right buckets (labor, equipment, materials). Each one of these parts is a single sales part. I was hoping that there is a way to split the part revenue into the different buckets