Solved

Group Consolidation Apps 10 - Elimination rules

• 11 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

We are using Apps 10 UPD15 - I have run the Group consolidation successfully however I now see some of the Inter Company Elimination Rules were historically set up incorrectly.  I have ROLLED Back all Consolidations for ALLyears and have tried to Delete these InterCompany Elimination Rules however I revived the below error. 

1. Why do these consolidation elimination transactions still exist when all Consolidation Status has been rolled BACK 
  2. How can this be resolved ? 
  3. There is another historical Consolidation Structure which has NOT been rolled back could this be the reason these “Consol Inter Comp Balance”  exist? 
  4. The Basic Data for Intercompany Eliminations Rules is GLOBAL for the GRO CON MODULE? Could this be enhanced to include a check box / pull down item to select which Consol Structure each elimination Rule applies to ? 

icon

Best answer by Ieva Rituma 11 October 2022, 10:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

This table “Consol Inter Comp Balances” from the error message relates to the “Intercompany Period Balance Analysis” window. Can you please navigate there to check if anything is still there? This will confirm if it’s the historic structure that has these balances. 

If not, I suggest going to “SQL Query” window and querying for all data in this table.

The intercompany elimination rules apply to all consolidation structures and balance versions in the consolidation master company. To differentiate them per structure, we’d need to create another consolidation master company. 

I agree there should be a way to expire the intercompany rules in case the CoA changes, I’ll raise an idea on the community referencing this post. 

Badge +3

Hi Leva

I am new to IFS community, did you receive my reply ? Not sure if I had a technical issue with posting my reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi,

I can see you’ve marked my response as best answer but I can’t see any further reply. I’m really sorry, but could you please add it again?