Question

GRNI report does not match GL Analysis

• 7 July 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +4
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 14 replies

Hi, Can anybody please assist with balancing the GL balance to the GRNI?

Nov 22 balanced perfectly, but Dec 22 onwards are not balancing.

I am not technically minded, so if you could please simplify the response it would be most helpful.

thank you in advance

Lisa

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @LisaT,

I’m suggesting doing below sanity check before starting with Reconciliation process. 

1. Make sure all inventory transactions transferred to GL & there are no error or pending transactions which affect posting type M10/M14/M18.
  2. Make sure all vouchers updated to GL.

If you still find differences, please try out below steps.

• check are there any transactions posted to RNYI GL account which does not belongs to M10/M14/M18 posting types. You can try as below. 
  • Also, check whether M10/M14/M18 transactions posted to different GL account. You can try as below. 

Hope these steps are clear with you. Basically, RNYI GL account should consist only transactions created via M10/M14/M18 postings. If you still find differences, it is better to create a support case to our global support team. 

Best Regards

Narmada 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @LisaT ,

You may refer to below community post too.

Reconciling Received Not Invoiced Report to GL | IFS Community

BR/Narmada

Badge +4

Thank you Narmada,

I will have a look at this.

Have a great weekend.

Lisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

In addition to the above, another reason for differences is when a PO receipt record is manually changed with a close date. The close date is user editable and will affect the record as being selected on the RNI report. However, it does not affect GL.   In short, a user can remove records from the RNI report without any GL impact - the report could be lower than GL due to a user entering a close date.  Normally close date is added via IFS supplier invoice matching process. 

I write this as I saw a recommendation in a posting to enter a close date, but the GL aspect was never presented in the discussion.  

Another very common reason for the difference is when the RNI account has manual postings.   

Best regards, 

Thomas