Question

GL Voucher Rows Analysis Page

• 6 June 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hello Community,

I have a question about this page: GL Voucher Rows Analysis 

I am not a finance person, so I do not have idea about this.

1- can you tell me from where rows in this page come?

I see column Reference number; I understand there is CO number or PO number but there is more row with another numbers I do not know from where this read.

second question:

2-some rows account and segment empty and some no is there a logical reason for that?

Thanks.

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi Norahmf

Greetings

GL Row Analysis is report which provides a consolidated view of all accounting entries passed. For different entries, source can be different. So, you can do RMB on the line entry and check the view voucher source. You can study voucher type and function group. Also, for what purpose that voucher type and function group is used to understand the source better.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thank you  pratik.b.shah.

another Question please:

we have two site in same company so we need to know every line in this page comes from which site.

is this possible or I need add custom field to do this difference?

Thanks again.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Not possible to separate into sites, even you add custom field.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you  pratik.b.shah.

another Question please:

we have two site in same company so we need to know every line in this page comes from which site.

is this possible or I need add custom field to do this difference?

Thanks again.

I am not sure wht term “site” means here for you.
In IFS we are using this term in distribution/manufacturing area, as logically separated part of company operations (with own access control, definition of parts, list of orders, inventory locations etc.). 
For such IFS site, sometimes we are using code part segment in GL to follow accounting entries, but accounting entries originated from other sources (invoices, payments, payroll, fixed assets) are not originally site-related and site code part would need to be connected in other way (by user group, preposting etc.).
It is quite complex matter and requires some understanding on how IFS works, but is possible, if required. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

One way is you have to setup your Code string to add Site as one of the Code Part.

Then setup all related posting controls to add Code Part Site. 

in this way you will be able to separate them using Code Part “Site” 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks @Adam.Bereda & @Carlo Palma 

is there any resource to this way you talking about?

I need some details.