Question

GL Balance Analysis Not Matching GL Voucher Rows Analysis

• 27 February 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Our GL Balance Analysis page does not match GL Voucher Rows Analysis.

We have identified a handful of voucher rows that are not included in the GL Balance Analysis total.

What might be causing this? I see that these 2 pages use different information sources, but we do not know how to reconcile this.

Is this a bug that requires a support case?

We are on APPS10 UPD14.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, 
Without looking at your actual balances and transactions it is difficult to provide decisive answer.
Common reconciliation issue is period 0 and preliminary year end process (which does not create voucher rows in period 0). 
Sometimes voucher types are marked as Simulation vouchers, and in Balance Analysis user is only selecting Normal balances, excluding Simulation. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Adam Bereda, our issue is with Period 2 so I don't believe it’s related to the Year End process. 

I did verify that we don’t have any voucher rows marked as Simulation Vouchers. Do you have any other suggestions we might try, or steps we might take to research this further?

Thank you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

@gumabs I saw you post on a similar thread - was wondering if you have any suggestions for what might cause a difference between GL Balance Analysis and GL Voucher Rows if it’s not related to the Year End process?

Userlevel 6
Badge +19

Hello @hreavis 

If you have include hold table selected then you will have balances for the vouchers that are not updated to GL yet.

Which basically means you can see the balances on GL balance analysis but you cannot see voucher rows on GL voucher rows.

Uncheck the field and compare GL balance and GL voucher rows. Additionally, complete update GL routine and compare balances once all the vouchers are updated to GL.

If there are vouchers on GL voucher rows however you cannot see the balance on GL balance analysis window, I think this requires a deeper investigation to identify the reason for not updating ACCOUNTING_BALANCE_TAB. Can you check what is the voucher type for those rows? 

Hope this helps

Hi, Yes , the differences can be caused by checked Include Hold Table which adds not updated vouchers to GL balances. Uncheck and than compare with GL Voucher Rows Analysis.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Pawel Dworzynski 

We tried checking the “Include Hold Table” and “Multi Company” boxes, and still have differences in the totals on the GL Balance Analysis and GL Voucher Rows pages.

Wondering if you have any other suggestions?

Thank you