Question

Getting an error while uploading the Customer Invoices decimal error

• 21 April 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Upload the Invoices with 3 decimals in IFS

Could upload the same with 2 decimals. Is there some setup/configuration or we can upload invoices till 2 decimals only.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

As far as I know, only 2 decimals are allowed in these kind of scenarios.

However, I have created an external supplier invoice with amount 100.123, but in external supplier invoice line got it as 100.12 (the rounded value)

But, in external customer invoices, the same error message is coming up.

So, if you need further support on this, I think its better to raise a case for IFS Support.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Upload the Invoices with 3 decimals in IFS

Could upload the same with 2 decimals. Is there some setup/configuration or we can upload invoices till 2 decimals only.

Hi AccParagG,

I could upload the invoice with 3 decimal places with following regional setting for currency on the system.

May it might help you too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

By changing the currency format in regional setting (Tools > Options > Regional Settings tab), this error won’t come.

But this setting is a common setting for the whole application.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

The Error is still coming with the above settings. Infact I had a setting of 6 decimals. Were you finally able to create the Invoice or just loaded it? because this error comes when you try to check in the file and create the same.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

The Error is still coming with the above settings. Infact I had a setting of 6 decimals. Were you finally able to create the Invoice or just loaded it? because this error comes when you try to check in the file and create the same.

Hi AccParagG,

You are correct, When I attempted to create invoice​​​​, I got same error as below ;

I believe this is due to the fact , IFS Curreny code limit number of decimals in Amount in Curreny codes window. Anyway, I think this valid request to be presented to IFS RnD for their consideration.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi,

As I said another concern is that in the External Supplier Invoice, even if you define the amount with 3 decimals, in external supplier invoice the rounded value for amount is given when uploaded.

But, the same behavior can’t be seen in External Customer Invoice. Instead, an error message is presented. 

So as suggested above, please raise a case for IFS Support for further investigations.

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusah