Skip to main content
Question

Generate balance sheet from 7.5

• 3 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

We are trying to migrate from 7.5 to cloud, is there a way to generale a balance sheet from this version without using business reporter ?

Best regards.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi,

In 7.5 you would be having a Reporting Option “Report Generator” and you can create any GL based Report using this tool. 

Thank You

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi

There is a standard Operational Report Type called ‘GL Balance Report Split by Account Digit’.

This report is very similar to a Trial Balance, rather than a Balance Sheet, but you can select the range of accounts to only include your balance sheet accounts.  Remember to select one or two Levels to sub total by:

This might be good enough?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you, 

But I guess that the generated balance is in pdf format right ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You always use balance analysis- search the data you wish, and export or I believe you can do a quick print. 

Badge +1

If you use ‘GL Balance Split by Account Digit’ you can only filter by Account number.  Using ‘Turnover and Balance Report’ allows you to filter by account group which I find more efficient.

Unfortunately both are created as cluttered PDF documents, similar to everything else in IFS.  I am sure all would agree it would be nice to have an Excel export here.