Question

Format specific info per institute-ISO20022

• 15 January 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +2

When trying to generate an ISO20022 payment file, I get a message saying that format specific info for tempate id i smissing. If I go to Payment Institutes/Payment methods per Institute--right click on ISO20022-- Format specific Info per institute it is blank. What should be in this form? If I create new line , the format ID is filled with ISO20022 but in the FIle Template field; I cannot choose anything. Does anypone have a manual for how to set up ISO20022 properly? This is for a german company, but I will do it for scandinavian companies as well

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

what version of IFS are you using?

In my database RMB Format Specific Info per Institute is enabled in Payment Methods per Institute form for payment method attached to ISO20022 payment format. See the screen. We use App9 - latest UPDATE.

Regards,

Badge +2

We use 9:15,

this is how my form looks like: 

Badge +2

I forgot to tell that I RMB in the Payment Methods per Institute/ Format specific Info per institute to get to the above forms. 

Aaa, I misunderstood your question, I thought that you have RMB option grey. In such case you should just enter data in the first out of the three tabs which are opened. In the field File Template there is LOV which you can use. In my database I see four entries: AT, CH, FI and CORE for the countries which probably have some differencies in file format. The second and third tab are probably optional to fill.

To answer you in detail, I don’t know what should be put in each of the column there, because I do not use this format. I worked with SEPA format for Italy when I was in IFS. The format ISO20022 looks similar to SEPA for me, because it is XML format as well as I read in wikipedia.

If I were you I would just fill whatever data and try to generate file from the application. Next I would talk to bank to find out whether file generated from IFS App is good enough for the bank to make the payment. If not then I would seek help from IFS.

Regards,

Marek

Badge +2

Thanks for your comments. I manage to solve it by using F8, then I got a list of File templates. Now the only problem is what should be filled in in the rest of the columns… But I guess, I starts by not filling in anything and see how the bank responds.