Question

Field Not Populating in Import Object After Upload of Object

• 28 April 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello.

I have the following template to upload an object.

I used this template to upload this object, UPLOADOBJ6 :

The template has fields for Acquisition Value and Acquisition Value in Parallel Currency, which I filled out. My understanding is that this same template would also upload these values to the two highlighted fields below under Import Object. However, it did not go through when I did the upload. Does anyone know have an idea of what might be causing this? Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Andrei,

Please check whether you have defined the values in accordance with ACQUISITION_VALUE & ACQUISITION_VALUE_PAR_CURR.

After uploading the file to system through External File Assistant, copy the Load File ID, then go to External File Transaction window and query for the Load File ID and could you please check if both values are filed here correctly?

In addition to the above, just for your information, when a FA object is imported to the application via an external file, Object will be ideally created in ‘Import’ status. However, in your scenario Object has been created with Registered status as Acquisition Value is missing

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha

Userlevel 5
Badge +6

Hello Madusha, thank you for your reply.

I uploaded a new object. Attached is the upload file I used.

This is the result in the Object window:

This is the result in the External File Transactions window. 

And this is the result in the Import Object window. 

Is there something I am missing? Perhaps something related to the object state? Would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Andrei, 

I will check these information and get back. 

Thanks and Best Regards 

Madusha

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi Andrei, 

I have checked your External File and everything seems fine.

As I informed, Object will be ideally created with ‘Import’ status if the Acquisition Values are taken correctly.

Could you please use the System Defined - File Type - ExtFAObjectImport & File Template - ExtFAObjectImport and upload the external file to the application? We can check if the same issue is appearing to this template as well.

You can refer to post

if you need the Excel Template

Thanks and Best Regards

Madusha