Question

FA will not be updated due to cancellation of PO

• 1 October 2021
  • 8 replies

Hi,

I have acquired an FA Object through a PO. So, Object is in Active status. However, I mistakenly cancelled the PO. So now transactions are stuck in the Distribution Postings and not possible to transfer to GL.

Error is “No further acquisition possible for object 10-XX. FA will not be updated.”

I found below article from the community. However, this does not solve my problem as I do not want to add investments. 

Any suggestions please?

Thanks in advance

Nimesh

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @nimesh 

Maybe you can try to change the object status to the “Investment” first and then transfer the purchase transactions to the Finance.

Thanks and regards,
Viraj

Hi @Viraj Sandaruwan 

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately status is not possible to change once it is active.

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @nimesh 

Try to Deactivate the object first. Then it will change the object status to the “Investment”.

Note: please try this in any non production environment first.

Thanks and regards,

viraj

Hi @Viraj Sandaruwan This is in non production. This issue can be recreated in any environment.

1. Acquire object through a PO. Activate it.
  2. Then cancel the PO (Cancel Register Arrivals) and try to transfer PO cancellation postings to GL. You will get this error.
Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Viraj Sandaruwan @nimesh 

I agree with Viraj.    On the object if you RMB deactivate - it will set the object to investment. 

NOTE:  if you have already started depreciating - etc -- you will need to roll that back first

Then run rerun erroneous and you should see your purchase transaction history transaction change to status 2

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Hi @nimesh 

Were you able to resolve that issue by following said steps?

Thanks and regards,
Viraj

Hi @Nancy Fink and @Viraj Sandaruwan . Thank you for the reply. Well, I cannot deactivate since there are depreciation for the previous periods. I do not need to rollback depreciation since it is already reported.

Any other way to bypass this error message without touching rollback option?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

there is no way to de activate without rolling back depreciation.  this has to be done as your aquisition value is different---once you rollback-transfer- update you can redo your depreciation