Question

External Voucher Load Information - Remove Load Error

• 27 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +5
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 16 replies

I have currently uploaded an external voucher without errors and updated GL Vouchers in the usual way.  I noticed that the GL does not balance.  When I have looked at the voucher information, I have found that i have uploaded a line on a previous voucher.

I went back to the External Voucher Load Information, find the load I had created and right clicked and clicked “remove loads” thinking it would take the whole voucher off so I could re-input it correct, but for some reason this has not happened  The voucher has now disappeared from the “External Voucher Load Information screen but it is still showing the GL Bal Analysis. Can anybody please advise how I get this back?  Thank you.

Lisa

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

The external voucher area is what I would call a loading process.  Once that voucher flows to Voucher entry and then to GL, the external voucher loading data is no longer critical in IFS.  It serves as good tracing data but does not affect system usage or GL accuracy in any way. 

The external voucher load was removed. We have no system tool to undo the removal. It’s usually not a problem - except that you no longer have that external voucher load information. It has no effect on IFs / GL. 

If the external voucher (now in GL) is incorrect for any reason, have options. Option 1 manually create a new voucher - before adding rows, use the option to copy from GL and make sure to use the option for reversing entry. That process will copy the GL Voucher rows, and debits then become credits to reverse the affects. I like this process as you can add notes / comments / whatever to explain why the voucher was created.   The other option is from GL Vouchers - use the cancel option. This process essentially does the same thing as the first option, but it does this automatically. 

Then correct the excel file (source of the external voucher) as needed, and then load the revised file. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Badge +5

Thank you Thomas,  This is most helpful.

Lisa

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Not a problem.  

Cheers,    FYI, love your country. 

Best regards