Solved

External Supplier Invoice Template STDSIN2 Purchase Order Matching

• 18 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi,

Could someone offer some advice? We use the STDIN2 template to import expenses from an external system. This all works fine except when it comes to specifying a Purchase Order. It seems the import requires an account code and cost centre but actually these are specified on the PO via pre-posting so you wouldn’t want to specify it at time of import but actually when the invoice is matched to the PO.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Alex   

icon

Best answer by Adam Bereda 18 October 2021, 11:53

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hello, Alex,
I am not sure what are you trying to do - import invoice in Posted status, with matching lines created externally, or just invoice in PrelPosted status, with PO reference and ready to be matched. 
I think PO matching is not possible in external supplier invoice interface, if you want to get invoice matched with PO receipt, you should not import invoice posting lines (P rows), but header and items only. PO and receipt references can be placed on invoice header.

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi @PROAHAR ,

I think you are trying to include posting lines in the external supplier invoice. As @Adam Bereda stated in the above reply, you should not import invoice posting lines (P rows), but header and items only.

After creating the external supplier invoice within the application, you can use “Match Invoice with new PO Receipts” functionality to match the PO with supplier invoice via online or by scheduling it.

Hope this will help you to process invoices efficiently. 

Thanks & regards,

Amalith

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

What your trying to do should work ( I have not tested exactly as your doing). Usually, I would test a file for invoices with a PO and another file for invoices that contain expenses.  

The important part is the data in your file.   The external supplier invoice process supports header matching.    If your data includes Po details such as line, part and other, I don’t believe it will match with the PO.  I tested this many times in previous IFS versions. 

I’m including sample data from a different template  (copy of sin3) but you can see that I’m not including any posting information or PO line information.  

Just because your using a template with many different attributes, you should not include all of the available attributes.   PO matching only needs a small number of attributes for the process to work. 

The file loading should replicate the data a user needs to enter to process an invoice.  

This is very different from the SIN2, but the key items are the minimal data.  

When loading a external file - IFS “really” does not care what template you use, provided your data matches the template and your data is good. 

Try entering SUP, Invoice number, date, VAT amount (it may have been VAT code), the amount and PO. 

Worst case, you load two files. One for PO and the other for expenses.  

File Sup INV NO Date Cur VAT AMT PO INV REC REF
\\XYZ Path \eInvoice - ReadSoft\0617Files\h1.TIF 1000297 TEST 5Fa 5/10/2017 USD 0 300 12345 *  
Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Thank you all. Tested today and as you suggest the Posting Lines are not required in this instance and just needed to be removed. PO Matching then took place automatically as we have the system setup to do.

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Some how a different answer was marked as correct.   As you can see, if we have good data, the PO matching can be done via external sup invoice. Sure you can’t do line level matching (XML supports this), but external invoice does support the header matching.  Glad you were able to get this to work. 

Best regards, 

Thomas