Solved

External File

• 24 February 2022
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello,

I would like to know, if it’s possible to create a new External File Type?

I didn’t fou,nd the way to create a new External File Type on IFS CLOUD R2.

Regards

icon

Best answer by Ieva Rituma 24 February 2022, 18:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Due to deprecation of Oracle Users for end user authentication, user defined file types and
related file templates cannot be used in IFS Cloud. System defined file types and related user defined file templates will still be possible to use as before.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi IRituma

This is a regression , because it was a tool we’re using to upload data on any view of IFS.

I think this need to be reconsider for the next update. 

Thanks for your return. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

Migration job can be used.  I tested this due to external file changes, and it is a work able solution. Not as easy as external files, but it does work. 

Best regards, 

Thomas

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi Thomas,

Yes it can be a solution.

But if we’re customers coming from the other version, it will be a regresion for them, for sure.

I’ve a customer who was aking me for that. 

Best Regards 

Steve KIRO

Badge +3

@IRituma Is there any release notes or documentation about the decision to discontinue this feature, which we can share with the team?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@IRituma as you have mentioned I believe the system defined file types and related user defined file templates will still be possible to use as before.  Will the system defined once would also be removed in the future releases?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

You can share the Release Note document for IFS Cloud 21R1:
3.3.4 EXTERNAL FILES – USER DEFINED FILE TYPES
Due to deprecation of Oracle Users for end user authentication, user defined file types and related file templates cannot be used in IFS Cloud.
System defined file types and related user defined file templates will still be possible to use as before.

Badge +3

@IRituma Is there any release notes or documentation about the decision to discontinue this feature, which we can share with the team?

Attached PPT has the answer to my previous question. Further, Community has a dedicated page for Release Notes, Updates and news on IFS Cloud.

I guess, sharing this here will be helpful!

IFS Product Release Notes -> IFS Cloud Version Updates

I must thank @Manasee for sharing the presentation with me!

Thanks!

Badge +3

Attached PPT has the answer to my previous question. Further, Community has a dedicated page for Release Notes, Updates and news on IFS Cloud.

I guess, sharing this here will be helpful!

IFS Product Release Notes -> IFS Cloud Version Updates

I must thank @Manasee for sharing the presentation with me!

Thanks!

Below PPT has similar content with a slide explaining the removed functions

Badge +1

I'm curious if the 22R has a dedicated option for the IE option mentioned below. Can any of you assist me with this?