How to update custom exchange rate manually in purchase order

Please help on this.

Thanks,

Ansuman

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@tatansumr when you raise the PO, the header currency displays the supplier's currency that was automatically filled in when the supplier was specified. You can do this either manually or by selecting it from the List of Values. Only currencies entered as basic data in IFS/Accounting Rules can be entered.

The Price /Curr on the PO line will fill per the price of the part expressed in the order's currency (or the Custom Currency in your case?). The conversion will happen per the specified rate on Accounting Rules / Currency / Currency Rates for the 2 currencies in IFS.

If you are referring to different currency for payment than the supplier invoice currency, this thread has an answer for that. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Additionally @tatansumr if you are thinking of updating the prices of the PO after its been processed to some point, I think best way is to go through a PO Change Order. After the Change Order is processed upto ‘POUpdated’ state, the old PO will get updated with the new price info

Sometime I’ve seen businesses add additional amounts as charges in the PO. Advantage of charges tab is that you can add them at any state of the PO unlike the change order. But to do so, you will have to align the internal finance department whether the additional amount due to change of exchange rate can be recognized as charges

Out of curiosity, when sending the Quotation, hasn’t the supplier included a term about the change of exchange rate? Normally suppliers stick to the original exchange rate at the time of quotation validity period

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@tatansumr , did my reply help you? You may select it as the best answer if you think so :)

Cheers

Enzo