Question

Error with PO/Invoice Matching for Inventory Part

• 7 September 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello, 

I have an issue when it comes to the PO/Invoice Matching for the inventory part. It’s working perfectly for non-inventory part and no part. I am working on IFS Cloud.

When i capture the supplier invoice and generate the posting proposal, i get an error message saying that the posting proposal is unbalanced. It’s like the system doesn’t recognize the PO lines. 

Then, i need to manually match the PO Receipts, and it’s working.

I don’t need to capture the PO Ref, as it’s working correctly when i leave it blank.

Please find below my setups (company and supplier level).

Supplier :

Company : 

Can someone help me figure out the issue here ?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I see the setting is to match at PO receipt.  When doing this IFS is expecting a receipt reference (usually packing slip / similar).   Did you enter this data when entering the supplier invoice?  Did you confirm that this value was exactly the same as the receiving transaction?  Typically matching at receipt reference can be tough as the invoice may not include that same reference number or the receiving staff can enter the wrong id.  

Sure, receipt reference is appropriate at times, but header matching is more common much of the time. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Thomas. Thank you for your answer, but i don’t use the receipt reference as it is not usually requiered. The PO/Invoice matching can be used without capturing it.

I finally figured out the issue with the procurement consultant. There was a quality control check that needed to be performed, indeed, the arrival was not complete and the inventory part was not registered as being the company’s owner. Once the inventory part in stock, the PO/Invoice matching was working correctly :).