Question

Empty periodical capitalization - No voucher generated

• 30 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hello,

I created 2 projets with financial origin and capizalization on revenue/cost.

I created supplier invoices linked to these projects.

When I launch the periodical capitalization for these projects, I have an empty capitalization with  no vouchers generated.

Any ideas why please ?

Best regards

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Have you updated GL? What account is 2020001? Looks like a AP account. Have the cost of the supplier invoice been posted with codepart project and against a cost account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi, 

1. Periodical capitalization can move P&L type account postings to the balance sheet. Like above, it appears your entry is to balance sheet account. IFSD does not reclass (capitalize) balance sheet account values. 
  2. Periodical capitalization only affects projects where the periodical capitalization process is selected. Transaction option is the default. Your print screen does not include that information. Check that setting on the financial project. 
  3. Typically, if your tested project capitalization / rev rec, it’s far easier to simply create a manual voucher affecting cost, revenue and if part of the test balance sheet (just so you can see what happens / does not happen.   
  4. IMO for testing/ learning the process, transaction based is easier for testing / learning.  Results are similar, just different. 

Best regards, 

Thomas