Question

Electronic supplier payment, multiple currencies per supplier.

• 20 October 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI 

How should the payment methods and payment address ID be used when setting up supplier payment information? 

We have the situation that same supplier ID sometimes send the invoice in USD and sometimes in EUR and the payment should go to two different accounts. We have the same payment method for both USD and EUR payments (ISO20022). 

On the supplier you can set multiple electronic payment address id’s for same payment method. How should IFS know when to use the different ones in the payment order in the end? How is mapping between Address ID and currency to pay? 

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi,

You can select the relevant payment address ID in the supplier payment proposal detail level. Specify the payment method and then payment ID for the respective payment lines. 

If nothing specified, the default payment ID will be picked.

Hope this would be helpful.

/Chirantha

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

HI Chirantha, 

Thanks for your replay, yes I know you can change manually but what i want is to have it set correctly from beginning by the software.

That supplier have different account numbers for different currencies is natural, I expect that a specific  payment address number can be linked to  be used to a specific currency.  

BR Andreas 

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Andreas,

As far as I know, you can not set it up based on the currency in anywhere. However, you can set which account to be used in installment level. You can further go up into the payment term level also.

Best regards,

Chirantha.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Yes, I can confirm that payment method and payment address will be defaulted on supplier invoice regardless of the currency. 

You can try to work it around creating multiple payment methods - one for each currency you have bank account with. 

In such a way in supplier master you will have e.g. two methods and one supplier bank detail for each.

Then at least at payment proposal stage, if not on payment authorization, you will be able to see if invoice currency matches method currency.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

We just recently started using EFT (ISO20022) and have created 2 payment methods for the separate currencies similar to what Adam was referring to.  I do not see a way of this defaulting either by currency so at least if the payable person forgets to update it,  the payment order will fail.

Only suggestion is to create a custom event that perhaps populates the installment plan & discounts “Payment method” field with the appropriate one based on currency of the invoice prior to the invoice being approved.  ie: Name your payment method the currency code so the custom event can match them.

we haven’t done this but could see this happening down the road if users keep forgetting to go select it.  

I have an information card in the manual supplier invoice window that displays the remit to and a custom field  on the manual supplier invoice form to display the payment method  selected so the user sees it (will be blank if they haven’t gone in and selected it)    We use the same address id in the Address tab as the Address id in the electronic payment address form to link the supplier’s address to print on the remittance advice.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

@Eranda  Hi Eranda, do you have any feedback on this issue, is it not solved in IFS cloud neither? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

@Andreas_M I am not aware of a direct solution for your concern. As per the current design, the only option I can see is to decide the payment address when the supplier invoice is registered. It should be possible to do a configuration-based development to set the payment address ID based on the invoice currency. In this case, you must keep some indication in the Address ID to map the currency or use the Supplier’s Bank Account currency field to find the address ID.